CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTER
The digital twin concept means realizing a digital copy of a physical entity or an existing process. It includes; the living model of the physical entity; the data coming from sensors, one-to-one comparisons with other entities, and the ability to track that entity in real-time.
Digital twin technology enables manufacturers to
- understand their products better in the product design,
- implement real-time simulation, tracking, and optimization,
- analyze the processes accordingly.
Testing on a digital twin can be more efficient (easier, faster, less error-prone, and cheaper) especially for complex products or systems. The product can be evaluated in its virtual form before it is represented in the physical world.
The digital twin also reduces operating costs and extends the life of equipment and assets. Digital twins add value to the traditional working approaches by improving awareness, optimization in the field used. It can work on changeable conditions for preventive care. It can reduce operating expenses and potential capital expenses by extending the life of the object they represent and optimizing its operating performance.
The digital twin is an important technology, so we aim to publish high-quality research studies as the chapters of the “Digital Twin Driven Intelligent Systems” book.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Digital twin
- Digital Twins and Energy Storage
- Digital Twins in Power Systems
- Smart Cities and Digital Twin
- Digital twin and Aircraft engines
- Digital twin and Climate Crisis
- Digital twin and Wind turbines
- Digital twin and Large structures (offshore platforms, offshore vessels etc.)
- Digital twin and HVAC control systems
- Digital twin and Locomotives
- Digital twin and Buildings
- Digital twin and Utilities (electric, gas, water, wastewater networks)
- Digital twin and Manufacturing
- Embedded digital twin
- Digital Twins of electric power assets and infrastructure
- Digital Twins for Industry 4.0
- Digital Twin for the water sector
- Digital Twin in Urban planning
- Digital Twin in eGovernment
- Digital Twin in Construction
- Digital Twin and Healthcare
- Digital Twin for Engineering
- Digital Twin and Aviation
- Digital Twin and Mechanical and Aerospace
- Digital Twin and Security
- Digital Twin and Agriculture
- Digital Twin and Space Operations & Spacecrafts
- Digital Twin and Hospitality Industry
- Digital Twin for Mining
- Digital Twin and Maintenance
Enis KARAARSLAN, Phd, Assistant Professor, Mugla Sitki Kocman University, Computer Engineering, Mugla, Turkey (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Omer AYDIN, Phd, Assistant Professor, Manisa Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey (Email : email@example.com)
Umit Cali, Phd, Associate Professor, Department of Electric Power Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Moharram Challenger, Phd, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Antwerp, (Email:email@example.com)
The book will be published electronically with ISBN by a publishing house. The book will be published by SPRINGER NATURE. The publication is planned to be released in 2022. You can see the publishing agreement thumbnail below. Please click on it to see the larger picture of it.
NO publication, processing, or any other fee.
Chapter Proposal Deadline: 15.12.2021
Chapter Proposal Acceptance / Rejection Date: 30.12.2021
Chapter Submission Date: 30.04.2022
Result of the review: 01.07.2022
Sending edited chapters: 15.07.2022
Planned Release : 2022
Please submit your chapters by April 30, 2022.
● Full paper text (8000 words maximum).
● The chapter must be in English and submitted in Microsoft Word (docx) format (only 1 file), using our template and guidelines listed below:
* It will be sent via mail to izmirakademidernegi[@]gmail.com.
● The detailed format guidelines will be announced here later..
● The submitted chapters will be reviewed by the editorial advisory board. Its acceptance, including the procedures for the revised chapter submission, will be communicated to the authors by March 30, 2022.
● Each chapter must be original.
For additional information/clarifications please contact izmirakademidernegi[@]gmail.com